makes: 1 pint
The rains keep coming, and so do the tomatoes! I am really excited about my harvest this year! I was keeping count up to 90 on my 2 tomato plants, but now I have lost count of how many gorgeous tomatoes we have cooked and eaten this summer. I combined of our tomatoes with some super sweet wild cherry tomatoes from the Waverly Farmers Market that I bought and proceeded to forget about until today. The tomatoes already wilted a bit in the fridge, so I figured I would bake them up to use as a topping on pork or salmon or a spread on a slice of Kalamata Olive and Rosemary Baguette!
- 4 pounds various heirloom tomatoes, large tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4-5 sprigs thyme, stems discarded
- 4-5 sprigs oregano, leaves chopped
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine all ingredients on a large, rimmed cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake an additional 30-45 minutes until the tomatoes reach the consistency you enjoy.
- Taste and re-season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or cool.